If you are interested in running a Coffin Club in your area serving your community whilst benefiting from our well-established branding and profiling, then attend one of our Master Classes and we will share with you everything you need to know to set-up and run a Coffin Club and empower your clubbers in this one, guaranteed, area of their life – their death!*
Run across two days
1. Thursday 19th Sept & Friday 20th Sept 2019 3-5pm
2. Monday 18th Nov & Tues 19th Nov 2019 7-9pm
*dependent on area availability
Thank you for getting in touch with Coffin Club UK!
We are really excited that you have expressed an interest in Coffin Club UK and in becoming part of the funeral revolution that started in Hastings in 2017. Coffin Club has gone from strength to strength and now has clubs setting up all around the country.
Coffin Club has attracted enviable media interest, since its foundation and is proud to have gained a patron in the inimitable form of Miriam Margolyes. But, most importantly, Coffin Club has helped a great number of people consider, plan, cost and deliver their perfect send-off.
The mutual aim of Coffin Clubs is to provide an educational platform where clubbers can learn about all the choices available to them for their end-of-life celebration. And also, if they wish, decorate their coffin! Coffin Club enables this by bringing people together over a course of weeks to enjoy a fully-structured programme, leading to the ultimate goal of taking control of their own funeral.
Coffin Clubs are set up as either charities or CICs (community interest companies) so they are, therefore, not for profit. So while the model is like a franchise – in that we give you a blue-print to set-up and then provide ongoing support – our affiliated clubs are set up by people who are in it for altruistic reasons or because it sits nicely alongside the thing they actually do for a living (eg funeral celebrants). Coffin Club is growing as a countrywide thriving community that people are proud to be part of and, in turn, provides them with a way of raising their profile locally and clearly sets out their stall as a forward-thinking practitioner in this arena.
The aim of the Master Class is to give you a ‘set-up pack’ to enable you to take the first steps to getting your Coffin Club off the ground – ie establishing if you’d like to go the charity or CIC route, considering what venues will work/won’t work, what speakers might be suitable, how to get clubbers, costs involved etc. It is then recommended that you become an affiliated club as through this you will gain all the following benefits:
* Coffin purchase at a preferential rate
* Advice and guidance on Public Liability Insurance
* Guidance notes on how to set up your club
* Copy of our constitution which you can use as a template
* Copies of our governance policies ie; health and safety, diversity etc for you to use
* Templates for
* Press Releases
* Evaluation Forms
* Wish Lists
* Coffin Club promotional material
* Coffin Club meetings
* Associated publicity from the umbrella organisation
* Press referrals from regional enquiries
* Referrals from regional enquiries in line with GDPR
* Use of the Coffin Club logo in accordance with our guidelines
* Your own exclusive geographical area
* Support via
* Closed Facebook Group
* Coffin Club UK founder(s) attendance at selected events, subject to availability
* Members Zone on our website
* Website listing from the primary site / web page on our site, hosted by us eg coffinclub.co.uk/eastbourne
The fee for affiliation is as follows:
£750 for the first year
£500 in year two
£250 in year three
£200 per year thereafter
The idea is, that if you set-up as a charity or CIC you can then make it your first priority to apply for funding to cover this cost.
If you are interested in running your own Coffin Club in your area and wish to serve your community whilst benefiting from our well-established branding and profiling, then attend one of our live Webinar Master Classes and we will share with you everything you need to know to set-up and run a Coffin Club and empower your clubbers in this one, guaranteed, area of their life – their death!
Viva la funeral revolucion!
Kate and Kate